A lazy day and a big night out

Montreal Travel Blog

Old town
The next day I decided to go out to the islands that are located to the south of the city in the middle of the St Lawrence river. I had heard you could hire a bike and cycle around the circuit Giles Villeneuve - the venue of the Canadian Grand Prix. Caught the metro and then the bus but could not find anywhere to hire a bike. He bus did go down the start finish straight but I would have liked to have ridden the full thing.

Was still feeling lazy so I went to the beach on the Isle de Notre Dame. This island contains the motor racing circuit and was created with the rock excavated when the tunnels were dug for Montreal's subway system The beach was a nice place to go on a hot day and do nothing though.

Wandered back to the hostel through Vieux Montreal (the old town).

Paris, Canada
Not very old compared to European standards but interesting none the less. The French influence is very string here and some shops and buildings could be in the middle of Paris or Nice.

Got back and found Wilberforce B Lincoln III getting some poor French lad to translate his works into French. Several people were hiding from him in their rooms so we all decided to go out into town � me only for one or two drinks as I had an early start the next day.

So the couple of drinks turned out to be a big night out. Went to a club with some Canadians and did not get back till 3am so no surprise I missed the 5:50am alarm on my phone. Rushed to get dressed and made it to the airport in time for my plane.

Spent much of the 90 minute flight asleep � only waking when we hit the runway in Boston. Oh well it has been a week now and I wonder what my fifth city has in store?

Biosphere