Cod without the chips

Provincetown Travel Blog

Harbour

Up early again and on my way out I decide to roast the French family in their beds by switching the Air Conditioning to full heat to get some revenge for my continually interrupted sleep.  Off to the pier on the swealtering but very efficient Boston subway to catch the catamoran to Cape Cod.  The boat took about 90 minutes and at 10:30 we disembarked in the fishing village of Provincetown,

Provincetown is a nice town with lots of wooden whitewashed slatted buildings in a traditional American way.  There is a harbour full of small but oh so expensive boats and apparently the worlds only pirate museum.

Nice buildings
  I did not realise this before but it is a bit of a gay hangout as well and there are lots of gay and straight couples on holiday there but everything is so relaxed and laid back.  The beach is really nice too and looks like how I imagine beach resports were 50 years ago.  There are lots of cafes, craft shops and art galleries - some selling some seriously priced stuff.  I think you need to have a lot of cash in the bank to buy a property here.

Explored the town centre for a bit, had some food and decided to slap on the sun cream and sit on the beach. I am so sick of my workmates making jokes of my pathetic tan when I get back to work after a trip so I had a relaxing few hours lying on the sand, reading my book and watching the world go by. Had a fab Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream (with cake in it too!) before making my way back to Boston.  I regret I did not have time to visit the pirate museum which looked like fun but the day was far too hot to do much walking about.  Washington tomorrow.

Big Boats