Kandy Travel Blog

After a restless night in the Mawanella, we travel to Kandy but we do not have much time as we must depart to go back to Matugama before noon. However, we have just enough time to park our car and walk around the central lake. (Sorry, did not have enough time to ask the correct name). It is a pleasent town with tourist on boats. (At least that what we see). I check out some of the hotel just to find out that most of the hotel there has been fully booked. I think that is becaue it is the high season in Kandy during this period and there is a feastival coming up soon.

It is pretty much ashame that we did not get to spend time in this historical capital city of Sri Lanka. There is wall surrounding what is seem to be old palace, but I was told that the place has been replace by temple and living monk not reside in this temple. We went up to Amaya Hill Hotel, on top of a mountain here. The weather and view is nice enough for me to want to sit down and have a cup of Sri lankan tea. I found that there are a lot of arabic ethnic which I talk to one boy whom try to bum a cigarate from me. He is from Emirate he said.

The day was uneventful, after which we have little choice but to start our journey back.

lilanimuna says:
The lake is called the kandy lake :) Too bad you didint have time to go there.. but to cover most things in kandy and around kandy 1 -2 days would be enough.
Posted on: Sep 09, 2010
stabber911 says:
I do not know. This is the first time I went there. No, i didnt have time to go there
Posted on: Jul 23, 2010
jkychang says:
how many day do you think you needed there?? did you go to the Temple of the tooth?
Posted on: Jul 22, 2010
View from Amaya Hills Resort and S…
View from Amaya Hills Resort and …
Kandy Hotels & Accommodations review
Amaya Hills
The hotel situated on a top of a hill (high enough to make the weather cool in the summer). It is seem like a fortress seeing from a far. The amenites… read entire review
22 km (14 miles) traveled