AsiaChinaXi'an

27/07/10-29/07/10

Xi'an Travel Blog

Nia Hao!

Well I've just spent two awesome days here in Xian. Before that I spent six days in Beijing, met so many amazing people who I already miss but we've all added eachother on facebook (somehow managed to get by the Facebook ban in China :p) and saw loads of great sites but my favourite was definitely the Summer Palace! I'm going to have to make another whistlestop visit to Beijing later in August as I did not get to visit the Chairman Mao Memorial Hall. Plus I need to go via Beijing to get to Qingdao for the ferry to Incheon. The nightlife in Beijing was fantastic! But getting the metro home at 5AM is a little weird!!

Xi'an is surrounded by the city walls which I cycled and obviously the main attraction for this city was the Terracotta Warriors. Another great thing to do here by night is visit the Giant Goose Pagoda where the lights and fountain show make for a chilled out evening. It's extremely hot here, so I'm looking forward to getting over to Kunming a.k.a 'Spring City' but before that I'm getting an overnight sleeper to Chengdu which lasts 16.5 hours, to spend four days there, will hopefully get to see the famous giant pandas at the Panda Breeding Research Base.

Nia Hao!

Xi'an Hotels & Accommodations review
Awwful! My friend's hostel at the South Gate was way better. The staff here are rubbish, but then again apparantly Xi'an residents are a bit ruder tha… read entire review
8,136 km (5,055 miles) traveled