Bohol

Bohol Travel Blog

Bohol is known for its Chocolate Hills and the suicidal tarsiers, the smallest primate. Bohol, however, has much more to offer.

I spent the first half of my vacation in Panglao. I enjoyed the beautiful calm white beach. And though Panglao is a famous diving site, I didn't have the time to try being an amateur diver. My friends and I went dolphin watching instead at 6 in the morning. We had fun taking pictures of the dolphins, elusive as they were. We had precious few minutes to see them swim and play, because as boats come near them, they disappear. It may be the noise of the boat or previous trauma. My friend caught a picture of a dolphin and we later saw, it had scuffs, lots of scuffs.

Hmmm ...

We also saw a small whale, what a treat!

The next day were spent driving to the countryside, enjoying the sight of the Chocolate Hills, the tarsiers, the Clarin ancestral home (gave my friends the goosebumps), then lunch at the Loboc river.

The tour itself impressed me. Thumbs up for Bohol tourism!

On the morning before taking our flight back to Manila, we visited the Old Churches, the oldest of which is the Baclayon church, dating back to the 1500s, and the most fascinating of which is the Dauis church. It has a well in the middle of the altar, said to be miraculous. It's the island's only source of fresh water, since Dauis is surrounded by sea.

We didn't have time to go spelunking, visit Bohol's waterfalls or try Bohol's "adventure" package. But then again, that's what "next time" is for.

Vipin says:
great blog and relly nice pics!
Posted on: Jul 17, 2010