Day 7 - Singapore (last day)

Singapore Travel Blog

China Town

The last thing I wanted to do before we left was to head to Chinatown, wasnt really sure what to expect but thats all I wanted to do. Before stopping there I headed to Little India because I wanted to pick up something for my camera at a knock off store. It was really tempting not to stop and have some curry, but I pushed through because I wanted to have lunch in China town.

Once I got to China town I found the main streets and just zig zagged through the streets. Some streets had stores, others had food. It wasnt what I expeted it to be but it was still interesting. China Town seemed more of a tourist area, I didnt feel like it had the culture like Little India did.

China Town
It seemed more like the Asians would go there and work but not live there.

Then I found a big temple that I never found the name of. It was really cool and the best part was that I could go inside. Once you go in there are big pots where people can pray and place an incent inside. The whole place smelled so good, with all the incents burning it kind of reminded me of my bedroom in high school. Inside there were really big statues of I'm thinking Budha. Then all along the walls were different statues of Budha. The temple was so big it was hard to get a picture of the whole place so I went a few streets down and went to the the top of a public housing building and got some good pictures. It was also pretty cool becaus I could see all of China town.

After walking around China Town I headed back to the hotel so I could start packing our bags. Erin and I were going out to have dinner tonight so we didnt want to have to pack too much when we got back.

When Erin got home, we headed back to Clark Quay to have a nice dinner. Erin had been craving Mexican this whole trip so we found a Mexican Restaurant to eat at. The food was awesome but the margarittas werent too good, they must use a different mix than we use in the states because neither of us could finish ours. So after dinner we walked around Clark Quay and took in the sights and people watched for a couple hours. We stopped at the Morrocan hooka shop again and had some Singapore Slings, which were delicious.

Afterwards we got a taxi back to Orchard Road where our hotel was and shopped for a little bit. For being 10:00 at night I couldnt believe how many shops were still open and how many people were still shopping. All the stores were having crazy sales as well, most of them I didnt even attempt to go in and just let Erin go in and do her thing while I waited outside the store. People were crazy, you could barely even walk around the store.

Unknown Temple