Just bought me some tickets!

Redlands Travel Blog

So my friend Paul and his younger brother Yohan called me yesterday and asked me if I wanted to fly across the world with them and visit Australia. And I said what any sane person would say: hell yeah. My only reservation was price, but when they said they got tickets for 850 round trip I gave it some serious consideration. I had always wanted to go to Australia. See, my philosophy on travel is I do not travel for the country or the sites... I travel for the people (consequently favorite places are canada, midwest, and Hong Kong... Italy not so much). And I'd always heard Aussie's were super fun and nice. I'd met a few in my day and they lived up to their reputation, so OZ had always been atop my list for places to visit. I also just got out of school and felt a bit lost and scared that the 'real world' was starting so I decided it was time to start it off right. Vacation in a crazy exotic location, relax and not worry about the past or future, merely the present, perhaps find myself in a faraway land, and have a lot of beers along the way! So right now I'm about two weeks away from flying, have no idea what I'm gonna do when I get there, and I couldn't be more excited!

To The Good Life,