Killing Time

Luton Travel Blog

Setting Off In The Morning

Landed at Luton Airport just after 8pm, collected our bags and then went to the shop in the airport to buy some bits and pieces. Had booked an overnight stay in the Holiday Inn Express, and having had occasion to do this stopover before I knew exactly where we were going.

Headed out of the airport and down through the tunnel and were at the hotel in around 10 minutes. Check in took a while as the staff all seemed to be trying to do three things at once, and troops were getting edgy as it said the restaurant menu that it closed at 9pm. Got our room and the were told they served meals up until 9-30pm, so had time to go up and sort ourselves out, before coming back down for dinner.

Had our meal and sat and had a few drinks and kids were saying it didn't feel like they were on holiday yet. Think they are so used to travelling now, that flights and hotels are just seen as a means to an end, and no big deal. Headed for bed just before midnight and set the alarm for 4-30am :-O

Got up no problem, and checked out just after 5am and walked back up. Found the Wizz Air check in, and found out I was meant to have printed off the boarding cards online. Couldn't even remember booking the flight, as I'd had to look into so many different things for this trip, and so we had to pay £8 each for the privelege of them printing them.

Headed through to Departures and flight to our first stop took off to Dubrovnik about half an hour late since everyone had to be bussed round the airfield and they had missed the take off slot.

huibdos says:
You have to print the boarding cards for the return too.
Posted on: Jul 17, 2010
Dr_Seuss says:
You're to kind, I used to fancy Lorraine Chase ;)
Posted on: Jul 16, 2010
fransglobal says:
Of course, I presumed you were too young to remember it!
Posted on: Jul 16, 2010
Luton Hotels & Accommodations review
Standard Airport Hotel
Had a 7am flight out of Luton so decided to stop here for the night. A short 5-10 minute walk, down through the tunnel, from the terminal building. … read entire review
photo by: joseph98