Up,Up And Away - but not very far

Glasgow Travel Blog

Check In At Glasgow Airport

This years family holiday was kind of late in deciding where to go and was kind of cobbled together over a few weeks after I got back from Berlin. Once I had got the idea in my head of going to Sarajevo, the only questions were how to get in, and how to get out.

Unusually it was a late flight out of Glasgow at 7pm, so we had most of the day to prepare, but still ended up not getting round to packing until around 4pm. Tonight was only a bit of positioning, and we were only doing a short hop down to Luton, where we would leave from early next morning. Got a lift over to the airport at twenty past five and checked in no problems. As usual the rucksacks had to go in through the outsize baggage.

I waited outside, while my wife and kids went through security and then joined them a bit later, and found them at Starbucks with a cup of tea waiting for me. Went and bought some drinks for the plane, as we were flying down with Easyjet where you pay through the nose for everything.

Flight was going from Gate 9, which is at the furthest end of the right hand wing of the airport, so we made our way along in plenty of time. Flight wasn't overly busy and we managed to find seats  together quite easily. Set off on time and were soon hurtling down the runway.

pacificscorpio says:
Great blog, congrats! Great work !
aloneinthecrowd says:
Congrats on your blog being featured, Ian :) Well done. I'll check it out later when I've more time ;)
sarahsan says:
Congrats on todays featured blog Ian! Nice trip! Your blog brought back good memories from my own trip to Dubrovnik, Kotor and Mostar last summer. Thanks!
Glasgow