TB Meetup!

Chicago Travel Blog

Michelle, Me, Shirley and Lindsay

Today Michelle and I are going to our first TB meet-up!

Plans are to meet at 7:00 PM Lou Malnati's Pizza on North Wells for dinner and drinks. Michelle and I easily find the restaurant and a few minutes after we arrive, Lindsay, 34Chicago23, from Chicago and Shirley, sclark521, from Norfolk Virginia arrive. We wait at the bar to see who else will show up while we wait for our table.

So far, so good, nothing to be afraid of! (we were thoroughly warned and cautiously instructed how weird people you meet on the web are LOL) Little did they know, Michelle and I are the weird and crazy ones!

Lindsay is funny and friendly, he certainly knows how to make everyone feel comfortable. And Shirley is delightful! Michelle and her have similar jobs and really have a lot in common.

Nina has brought 2 friends.

Not long after we arrive, Nina, ninanaya, from Playa del Carmen, Mexico arrives, along with a cousin and a few other friends in tow.

We have a wonderful time! There is lots of talk and good food to share. Taking Lindsay's advice we order two styles of pizza, both of which are classic Chicago style deep dish and delicious!

Funny how you can meet up with 5 strangers from different parts of the world and have so much in common. There was never a lull in conversation, in fact quite the opposite, so much going on it was hard to keep track of it all.

Synopsis - first TB Meet-Up a huge success. TravBuddy has brought such a wonderful new dimension to my travels!

Nina has brought 2 friends.
Lou Malnatis famouse for Chicago …
Lou Malnati's famouse for Chicago…
Great time!