Day 7: Temples, Temples, Temples...

Kyoto Travel Blog

First stop: Nijo Castle! And I have to admit, I hardly remember anything of that castle than empty rooms and some wax figures, but the garden was great. We even saw a real Geisha - I thought at that time. 2 years after our trip I learned that she is Ichimame, a very famous Geisha in Japan, who even has her own blog. When we saw her she was still a maiko, but meanwhile she is a fully-fledged geiko. (I really hope I said this right...)

We saw so many shrines and temples that I can't write something about most of them - after a while I really had enough of them. Normally I think the culture and everything is really interesting, but when you visit one temple after another, you just don't want to know more about the history and architecture of every single one. On that day we still went to the Golden Pavilion and Ryoanji-Temple with its zen-garden. I was so happy to find some rest after the whole bus tour!

In the afternoon fortunately we had some freetime, so at first we took a walk through the city and did some shopping until I saw the Manga Museum! My world! (Well, at that time...) So I had my place to stay for the rest of the day.
Kyoto Sights & Attractions review
The Golden Pavilion
I think everyone who spends some time in Kyoto visits the Kinkakuji temple, but it's just too beautiful for not visiting. It's one of the most photogr… read entire review
photo by: ys484