Day 5: Himeji Castle & Okonomiyaki

Hiroshima Travel Blog

In the morning we were transferred to the train station for our first time with the Shinkansen. On our way to Hiroshima we made a stop in Himeji to vitist the famous castle, a UNESCO Worls Heritage. Kako translated the funny guy, who guided us through the castle. Maybe it wasn't meant that funny, but in German it sounded quite amusing, especially what he was explaining about Harakiri. I don't mean the act, but the way he told about it ;) The defence mechanism of the castle were impressing, I understand why it never was attacked, they wouldn't have had a chance.
I was already used to it - we couldn't see the blue sky again, but with the Sakura it was a nice setting for photos anyway.
With the Shinkansen we went on to Hiroshima, were we also spent the night. We had no time to see the city on our own, but Kako offered independently from the programme, to organise a chance to eat Okonomiyaki! I have no idea how that was called, but we went to a building, took the lift up and there were many very small restaurants. I even have no idea what I was eating, there were some other japanese men and we just said "The same, but no shrimps!" - and I have to say it was one of the most delicious meals I ever had! Later in the week I ate something better, but at that time it was the best! Unfortunately you rarely find something like that in Germany...
There they Harakiri!