AsiaJapanTokyo

Day 3: Freetime in Tokyo

Tokyo Travel Blog

On our last day in Tokyo we could either go to Nikko with the organisation or spent the day on our own. I wanted to see more of Tokyo, so we stayed for a real shopping tour!
But in the morning we first went on a walk to see the life apart from the busy city centre. So it was a nice change to see the empty streets, the small residences and even baseball training of a high school. After that we finally went to the part of town I wanted to see the whole time: Shibuya and Shinjuku! Quite understandable for a 15-year-old girl, I think ;) But I never was a girly girl, so one step in Shibuya 109 and out right away - it was too loud and I wouldn't have found something anyway.
Next stop: Takeshita-dori! There I really found lots of shops right for me, but I'm just too tall for the clothes - and is it normal that there are no fitting rooms in the stores?
The rest of the day was used for some more sightseeing - Hachiko, Tokyo Central Station and the Imperial Palace. Before our trip I heard more than one time that most Japanese have problems with English, but in front of the Imperial Palace an elderly man approached us with very good English, even so he learned only for 3 years. I was very surprised, especially because of a young girl, working in a small restaurant, who hardly understood an English word we said to her. Fortunately we had that problem only one time and with most people an English conversation was possible. So it was a nice talk with the elderly man, I think he was glad to practice his language skills and we were happy to learn more about the relation of German and Japanese.
Takeshita-dori