AsiaJapanTokyo

Day 1: Arriving in Tokyo

Tokyo Travel Blog

The flight with JAL was great - comfortable, good entertainment computer... The only thing I didn't like was the food, that was my first experience with Wasabi! The first and only one, I will never try anything again with Wasabi, I felt so sick after that.
But in the afternoon we finally arrived in Japan at Narita Airport after a 11-hour-flight. The organisation picked us up and we met our travel mates for the following few days and our tour guide: Kako - one of about 30 german-speaking japanese tour guides! She did a great job, told us lots about japanese culture, language and she organised activities independently from our programme. Sometimes I had the feeling she spoke too much, but okay, that was her job ;)

In the evening we had our freetime and tried to find something to eat. In Ikebukuro we found small restaurants - our first original japanese Ramen! I never ate something more delicious, I still can remeber the taste, but not what it was exactly. The rest of the day we used to get our first impressions of Tokyo at nights - lights everywhere, dozens of automats and Pachinko. Something very strange were the three-floor streets through the city. Kako told us that they first construct the buildings and then they have to find a way to built the streets - and that's the result. I didn't see that kind of streets before, but that was interesting to see.
fransglobal says:
Wasabi wa suki desu!
Posted on: Jul 15, 2010
Ikebukuro at night
Ikebukuro at night
Tokyo Hotels & Accommodations review
Prince Hotel
This was my first hotel in Japan organised by our travel organisation. But they couldn't have made a better choice for us. The beds were very comf… read entire review
Tokyo