Arriving in Milan and driving onto Cannobio

Cannobio Travel Blog

View from Appartamenti Ferrari

After a delayed flight, by 30-40 minutes, my aunt (Carla), her husband (Alex) and I arrived in Milan by about 19:00 their time. Luckily where we were only staying for 4 nights we only had hand luggage so we whizzed out of the airport. The weather was about 30 degrees Celsius and the sun was still blazing, which was beautiful. Once we had sorted out our hire car, after numerous complications, we set off on our journey to Cannobio. The first part of the journey is on the motorway so it’s a bit boring but after about 30-45 minutes you reach Lake Maggiore and then you have a more scenic drive through various towns. It is approximately a 2 hour drive from Milan to Cannobio but with Alex driving we made it in about an hour and a half.

View from Appartamenti Ferrari
We arrived in Cannobio at about 21:00 and it was surprisingly very hot still, normally it is a lot cooler by the lake at that time of night but they were experiencing a bit of a heat wave.

My first impressions of Cannobio was that it is a very serene and tranquil town, you have views of green mountains all around, little cobble streets and beautiful, colourful buildings. I have stayed in Cannobio once before, when Carla and Alex were living there, but that was about 10 years ago and I could not really remember that much. However, I do remember having a fantastic time when I was younger and Cannobio is the reason that I fell in love with Italy! Returning to Cannobio I was not disappointed.

Anyway we headed to our apartment ��" Appartamenti Ferrari (see Review), to drop off our luggage and then headed out for dinner, at Giardino’s (see Review) as we were starving. Afterwards we headed out to the Lakefront which was quite quiet as it was only Thursday night but it was lovely and cool.

Cannobio Hotels & Accommodations review
Affordable Appartment Overlooking Cannobio
We stayed in one of their Orange Appartments, which was just above the swimming pool. The apartment was very spacious with 3 rooms inside; bedroom, ki… read entire review
Cannobio Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Affordable Comfortable Pizzeria
This was a lovely restaurant, even though it is situated right next to the main road but then you will find that many restaurants in Italy are the sam… read entire review
Cannobio