Busted day

Tamarindo Travel Blog

Gecko in the bed!

It looks like plans fell through today.  We were suppose to take a cruise on the ocean at 1:00pm for some snorkeling, drinks and a sunset on a sailboat with Blue Dolphin.  However, when we walked downtown at 11:30 we were told they were not going out.  Not because of the weather (it was cloudy and off and on sprinkles) but because they only had two people sign up (us).  So they would go out tomorrow.  But Brenda and I talked about going to Nicaragua tomorrow.  So it was decision time, Nicaragua or sunset cruise and hope for good weather.

Brenda and I walked around town for a bit, shared a smoothie and made our decision.  Nicaragua and hope we don’t miss the most amazing sunset.  We grabbed some lunch at Voodoo, then went back to Joey’s for a swim.  We went inside and caught a movie on TV & it turned out the sky cleared for the best sunset of the trip, and we had a great view from our 3rdfloor studio deck.  Of course we did have some excitement tonight as all of a sudden we noticed a lizard on the wall.  As we began to inspect he jumped onto our bed!  A small shriek from Brenda and a loud laugh from me didn't seem to phase the little gecko one bit.  But I was able to trap him in a plastic container and then throw him outside.

Today was a busted day because plans fell through, but it was still a good day.  We packed a bag for tomorrow’s day trip to Nicaragua, checked safety info on the state Dept. website and hoped for the best.  This was also a time when I had to recognize what a great wife I had, for I knew she never had any intention of going to Nicaragua in fact I think she was a little scared.  She knew absolutely nothing about the country and all I could tell her is the history of Nicaragua and the United States during their Civil War, which isn’t the most comforting.  But she was willing to go with me so I could experience Nicaragua.  Isn’t she awesome!

photo by: Nico22