Heading to the Beach

Alona Beach Travel Blog

After a day's worth of touring Bohol countryside, it was finally time to head for the Alona Beach at Panglao Island. Good thing the island was connected to the mainland by 2 bridges. At least we did not have to unload all our baggages and ride a pump boat!  We arrived at past 4pm and settled our things at our resort - Isis Bungalows.

Alona Beach is like a half kilometer stretch of white sand. It was late afternoon when we got there. Lots of beachfront resorts line the shore. Plenty of diver's resort that offer scuba diving, night suba, snorkeling. Our resort was in the Western side. Walking east we reached the central part, actually it was just 100 meters or so. Several restaurants were available. We found this Pinoy-style restaurant that we really liked, Trudi's Place.

kid at sunset
It wasn't as expensive as the others, and the food tastes great! One meal for the three of us would average 250 to 300 pesos. Good enough.

The eastern side had wider beachfront, and the sand was finer too! Massages were available on shore. You could see ladies in white uniforms, asking passers-by if they would want a good massage. I did not take one though, walking the shore with my hubby & kid was relaxing enough for me. It was a weekday so I suppose there weren't as much people strolling the shore, as there would be on weekends.

It was getting dark and so we decided to walk back and enjoy the sunset at the beach. Several restaurants had already arranged tables and chairs along the beach, with candles to light a romantic seaside dinner. On weekends, a live band would play for the diners to enjoy.

We ate at our fave restuarant and later enjoyed a game of billiards. As Jet and I were busy analyzing the physics and geometry of the game, our kid was busy enough identifying the colors and the numbers of the balls that were shot, hehe!

Alona Beach, or probably Panglao in general is one of the places that both foreign and local tourists love to visit. It's not as wide and lively as Boracay, nor is the beach very clear from rocks, but the white beach was a spot good enough to hang out , unwind and relax from stressful everyday lives.

ickafry says:
and how many nights did u spend in the hotel and do u mind telling me what is your budget for the whole trip? did u travel by cebu pacific?sorry i have sooo many questions but im really excited to go..as well as my fiance..hope u can help me..thanks! email me: rdcraneses@gmail.com
Posted on: Jun 23, 2007
ickafry says:
hi i really enjoyed looking at your blog!i myself love to travel but i havent got the chance to be in Bohol. Im planning to get married soon and our plan is to go to panglao island.
you stayed in isis bungalow? how much is the rate for the two of you? tnks.
Posted on: Jun 23, 2007
terrace outside our bungalow
terrace outside our bungalow
wide beachfront at alona palm
wide beachfront at alona palm
jack: im the king of the world!
jack: i'm the king of the world!
fire in the sky
fire in the sky
seaside resto
seaside resto
nice dinner venue
nice dinner venue
live band at jasz resto
live band at jasz resto
our fave resto - great food, fair …
our fave resto - great food, fair…
whos gonna win -- dad?