A small step

Fort Collins Travel Blog

Poudre Valley Library in Fort Collins (on Peterson)

First small step made, at least towards the final date. Leaving for Cancun on September 6th, and currently I'm holed up at my sister's house in Fort Collins watching their dogs while they are in Florida, working out of the local library and coffee shops.

I've been down here since Tuesday, doing my freelance work, enjoy the balmy (ok, hot and dry!) weather, hanging out with my sister and her boyfriend (who is a pro tennis player and teaches kids), working out, and generally adjusting to being out of the mountains after a couple of months in the high country. Looking forward to 6 months of beaches, seafood and sun, not to mention plenty of scuba, snorkeling, swimming, hiking, jogging, backpacking and general enjoyment of life :)

One of the best parts about being a freelancer is the flexibility to work when you want, provided you are making enough money to pay the bills.

Library in Fort Collins
The biggest bonus for me is being debt free, which means I have no monthly commitments above and beyond rent, groceries and what I want to stick in the savings on a month-to-month basis. Which was one of the reasons I wanted to do this 2-3 years Central/South American venture in the first place, because the cost of living is so dramatically lower than it is in the U.S., not to mention the USD goes a lot further in other countries.

In any case, just a small update while I finish up my last week in the States for awhile. I'm planning on coming back for Christmas and New Year's, I think, but other than that I'll be staying down there in that part of the world for the next few years as long as work stays steady and I find great places to adventure.

Cheers!

Poudre Valley Library in Fort Coll…
Poudre Valley Library in Fort Col…
Fort Collins