Second step of journey?

Oak Creek Travel Blog

I've been doing some fairly heavy thinking about where to head after my stint in Cancun, and I'm thinking Guatemala City. Originally I had pondered heading into Belize, but right now I'm looking more for long-term exploratory headquarters, and with the 30 day stay limitation for Belize as it relates to U.S. citizens, I think I am going to wait to head there until next year at some point when I can just swing in and spend a couple of weeks on a "vacation", rather than a working holiday. I'd love to get some snorkeling and scuba done in Belize, but I'm not quite ready for a vacation yet, so my long-term picks are taking preference.

So, at this point it's looking like Cancun for 3-4 months, then Guatemala City for 3 months. Looking towards the third step of my trip at present. I've already queried a couple of places for apartment rentals in GC, but I haven't quite found something within my budget range just yet. Most of the places I've found are a couple hundred per month more than what I'm willing to spend for a furnished, studio apartment, and I flat-out refuse to stay in a hostel long-term. Great for 2-3 night stays but when it comes to needing office space, privacy, security and a headquarters, apartments are about the only way to go.
Oak Creek