2nd stage of trip

Oak Creek Travel Blog

So, I'm definitely going to Guatemala for the second stage of my journey. I've been in emails with an individual who owns (with his parents, who live on site) a nice colonial home in central Antigua in one of the latest gated subdivisions for an extremely low per-month fee to rent a furnished, studio apartment suite that is on the back end of their home. More than likely that stage of my trip will be January, February and March, although it might be one month later if I stay in Cancun through January. Either way, I haven't completely locked in this place yet, but I've already confirmed my dates and will be placing my reservation soon.

I think this is about as far out as I can plan, realistically. Well, at least in terms of booking accommodations. I really don't want to pay for reservations for something that will be 6+ months out because I don't exactly know where I want to go in 6 months. I have a rough idea of the general direction I'm heading, but beyond that there are no set-in-stone plans, and I don't want to lock myself in to going places I might not like.

So for now, it looks like the initial stages of the trip are pretty much laid out. Once I get the place in Antigua locked in I'll be looking at where I perhaps want to go after that, and get a list of my top 3 locations. Then, around January I'll start looking over the list again and figuring out where I want to go out of those top destinations as I work my way down.
Oak Creek