From hot Wuzhen to rainy Shanghai

Shanghai Travel Blog

It is official, I am sick.

I woke up with my throat was on fire. My nose was so stuffed up last night that I had to sleep with my mouth open. This caused my throat to dry up even more. Of course the only stupid medicine I didn't have with me was sore throat medicine. Dammit.

So I sucked it up and prepared to sweat it out all day in the free sauna I like to call Wuzhen. Our group slopped around the city barely listening to the guide teach us about silk weaving and dying. Each place we stopped we fought over who got to sit in front of the fan if there was one. I have never wanted time to tick by faster in my life. I didn't even have the energy to tell the kids to pay attention. Finally after lunch we got back on the bus for the two hour drive back to Shanghai. I have never been so happy to be on a bus.

It was raining in Shanghai as we checked into the hotel room. Jill took some kids to the pool and I tried to take a much needed shower and nap. The problem was the kids kept knocking on my door, calling my phone and ringing my doorbell. Yes, all the hotel rooms here have doorbells. So when it was time to leave for dinner I still felt sick and hadn't even rested. So I decided to play hookie. Jill said she would bring me back a doggie bag of whatever. I got cozy in bed and finally had a nap.

Tomorrow we depart for our final city, Hong Kong. I am looking forward to it and I hope I shake this sickness before we leave.

Shanghai