Packed and Ready to Roll

Ecuador Travel Blog

Ok, so here is the beginning of my blog/journals for trip to Mexico and Ecuador.  I am packed and ready!  It doesn't seem possible that after booking this trip 7 months ago that the day would finally be here.  It kind of sneeks up on you.  I have learned all of the Spanish that I am going to retain so hopefully I will be prepared and the locals will be understanding when I screw up their language because I will, trust me!  I am traveling with my wife from Seattle to Cancun tomorrow and we have a lovely 06:05 departure time which means we need to be up and rolling at oh 03:30ish.  We have a pretty direct flight with maybe 45 minutes in Salt Lake to change planes.  Hope all goes well and we should arrive in Cancun at 03:30.  We will make it through customs then head to buses to take us to Playa Del Carmen which is about a half hours drive from Airport.  We are Staying at Hotel Cielo which looks like a great place from photos I  have seen. This is a small hotel with only about a dozen rooms all spanish style.  It is about a block and a half from the beach and right in the heart of Playa.  We will be there for 2 nights then packing up and heading further south to Tulum.  Spending 2 nights there in another small hotel named Posada Del Lunar.   Then off to Valladolid which is right next to ChitzenItza(not spelled right) so we can spend night and get up early(8am) and head to check out ruins without all those damn tourist!  They supposedly have a night time show at the ruins that is pretty cool too so hoping to check that out as well as underwater Cenotes(fresh water rivers that flow underground).  Then back on that damn bus and heading to Cancun where we are staying at Me Cancun hotel.  This is suppose to be a nice upscale hotel and looked like a fun place to spend our last night together in Mexico.  We will have to get up early the next morning since we both have early departures.  Charmaine is flying back to Seattle and I am off to Quito Ecuador for 12 days of adventure.  Wish me luck and I will try and blog while I am there but probably won't upload photos til I return since I am not sure my computer abilities will allow successful uploading.  Adios.

edwin_mtw_travel says:
Have a great time!

Cant wait for your next blog
Posted on: Aug 01, 2010