I made it to the Olympics!!

Olympia Travel Blog

Next stop Olympia!

We travelled through Central Peloponnese to Olympia. We headed for the Olympic city where we visited the Temple of Hera, the Temple of Zeus, the original gymnasium where athletes used to train naked, and the ever glorious first Olympic stadium. Yes that´s right, I finally made it to the Olympics! Had to step back for a moment and take it all in as I never thought I could go as far as the Ancient stadium. People around me also felt the saw and even ran around the stadium as a symbol of respect. It was awesome! I of course didn´t run, but didn´t really feel I needed to. Just standing there was enough for me (plus it was too hot for my poor little feet - haha!!).

I stood infront of the remains of the Temple of Zeus which I could only imagine was a grand structure with a large statue of Zues inside. Wish it was still standing today but I used my imaginating with what remained and it was still amazing.

There were columns still standing too from the original gumnasium where the athletes had to train naked. This was to prevent women from competing.

An amazing trip to the Olympic City.

ff we headed again...