Santorini

Santorini Travel Blog

Kamari Beach

One ferry, two bus rides and a long walk later we arrived in Kamari beach in Santorini.

Black sandy beaches lined the coast of this beautiful volcanic island. Lots of restaurants, bars, cafes and shops overlooked the calm waters of the sea. Tourists were strolling and enjoying the atmosphere in Kamari. We found this little local souvlatzithiko where we ate THE best souvlaki whilst watching the World Cup yet again by the beach. Mmmmmmm....much better!

A tour up north of the island to see the sun set in Oia was spectacular! 365 white churches can be found on this island (clearly we didn't attempt to count any of them - I have memory issues so best not try haha!).

We found the best Moussaka and Briam at a little restaurant in Oia which overlooked the little white houses on the cliffs of Santorini. We drool each time we think about the food. Might consider becoming food critics but no olives please!!

Our pool action at our hotel was also quite an experience. Up nice and early at 7.25am to be exact, to reserve lounges by the pool with our towels! Yes you heard correctly. First day we clearly had no clue so had to improvise, but the next day we were on to them. Clearly a very new experience for me, but it's a common practice apparently. Even though I thought 7.25am was early, there were lounges already reserved before me. My god! Anyway it was a tale to tell in the memoirs - haha!

Again it was far too hot during the day, so we strolled the streets with the rest of the tourists during the late afternoon instead. Strawberry daiquiris at 5 Euros each also helped with the cool down process during the evening along with our chocolate 'blob' and welcome bottle of wine mmmmmm.....Thank-you!

Watching the sun set in Oia