Our longest day

Amsterdam Travel Blog

Saturday.

We leave home at 10 am. to be in time for our flight, KLM to Mexico City Airport, to take off at 14:25.
There are no traffic jams, everything goes very smoothly.

At 11 o'clock, we park at P3 long stay [tip: take a picture of the location number!] and walk to the shuttle bus.
Within ten minutes we are on the terminal and wait for the arrival of our son.

At a quarter to 12 we have our luggage checked in and go through customs to do some shopping.
We wait at the gate where time flies (airport) untill we can board our 747.

Our 747 is a modern plane with individual multimedia systems. The choice of music, movies and documentaries is sheer endless.
My neighbour is a Mexican girl who is working at Volkswagen Mexico (and who just had a factory visit in Germany).
As a matter of chance, my car is a VW too, and before that I had many other VW's.
We have a nice conversation, where I learn that my old Beetle (K√§fer) is called Botcho in Mexico (Bochito if you love your car).

A 10 h flight is very long to just talk, so I look at some movies, some documentaries and try to sleep (and fail to:)

No bad weather, no turbulences, so after a smooth flight we land at 18:15 at Juarez International Airport.

In Holland it is already Sunday.

I had booked the Holiday Inn hotel on Mexico Airport, my hotel preference as Priority Club member.
The free Shuttle bus halts at the end of the terminal 1, a very long walk, to the exit near local flights.
The shuttle arrives within 5 minutes, so we are lucky as it rides once every hour.
The driver gives us a sample of how to drive in Mexico, and (but) we arrive safely in the hotel.

We have a drink in the bar, and turn in early at the end of a long day:)

Dr_Seuss says:
You should have seen if the girl could have got you a discount on your next VW, or arranged to have a Bochito imported from Mexico :D
Posted on: Jul 24, 2010
dothoin says:
nice blog huib ...te gustaste mexico?
Posted on: Jul 21, 2010
huibdos says:
A good hotel offers a good night's sleep
Posted on: Jul 10, 2010