My Hot Air Balloon Ride in Cappadocia !

Goreme Travel Blog

Cappadocia is a land of extreme beauty, the deep canyons and lush fertile valleys provide our balloons with an ideal playground for a unique and memorable flight...If you wish to do a balloon ride one time in your life save it for Cappadocia, you will have an unforgettable experience.
I count my Cappadocia hot-air balloon flight as one of life's great thrills.
Here's how a normal flight goes:
The crew picks you up at your hotel before dawn and drives you to the takeoff site. After a chilly dawn launch you float silently above the Cappadocian moonscape dotted with villages, vineyards and fruit orchards for about an hour, coming down in a farmer's field.
The crew retrieves you and the aircraft, then breaks out the bubbly for a traditional champagne toast to a successful aeronautical adventure. This photo gallery has more info.
The best flying weather is from April through October when the skies are clear and the winds light at dawn, but some companies fly in winter as well on days with favorable weather for flying.

At the end of the tour we had sparkling wine and cake to celebrate plus they give us a diploma ... lol

Amazing !!!
spocklogic says:
It's a great ride - A bit expensive, but well worth it. I flew on Butterfly Balloons (see my review on my page if your interested.
Posted on: Jul 01, 2011