Second Day

Puerto Viejo Travel Blog

Blue Morphos
The second day upon arriving to CR, I was already tired of its gloomy and horribly rainy weather. I took a bus to Puerto Viejo with another solo traveler I met at my hostel. After a 4 hour we arrived and went directly to a recommended "hostel" called Rocking J's which is more of a refugee camp for weed smokers and "artists" who sit and weave bracelets all days and do yoga on the lawn. They were all out of dorms so it was either tents or hammocks. That night we went out for dinner. I must admit that the cuisine is very basic if not  out of a can type. After dinner and dessert at another, rather great restaurant called Chile Tajo we went back to our hostel. There was wide spread drinking and week smoking. Once everyone was nice and drunk the bonfire and the bongos began. Fun times.

Third day began on a humorous note when my tent mate came in around 6 am. I thought she had passed out on the beach somewhere but the real story was she forgot our tent number and slept in the wrong tent :0)
Marina2710 says:
I'm not :P I wanted to try the bongos, but I'm also not the musically talented ...
Posted on: May 16, 2011
vagabond07 says:
sounds like you had a very interesting time in Costa Rica! did you play the bongos too? you don't seem to me as the weed smoking type! lol
Posted on: May 15, 2011