First Day

San Jose Travel Blog

Blue morhpo
I had an evening flight out of Seattle to Costa Rica through Denver. My flight was delayed due to bad weather in Denver. Once in Denver, our connecting flight was also delayed for yet another hour. Usually I don't mind since that is what flying is all about, however, I felt extremely tired and uncomfortable. Finally IN Costa Rica, panic hit me: I didn't know what I was doing next.  Once I summoned up my courage (this is the first time I am traveling solo) I walked out  of the airport and found the bus station to downtown San Jose. I felt really good paying only 60 cents versus $20 for a taxi.

The driver actually asked me where I was going and pulled the public bus over so he could look at my map and address. Very friendly except I don't speak any Spanish and he gave up the small talk. It's now almost 2 hours later and I am pulling my little carry-on suitcase behind me through the streets of San Jose while everyone stares at me like some foreign creature :0)

Once inside my chosen hostel: Backpackers Dream/ "Tranquilo" I take a much needed hot shower and free all you can eat pancakes which smell good but not so much taste. They also have a free international call phone and free iterent access. So what is the mattresses look 50 years old?
vagabond07 says:
haha who needs a nice mattress, when you have free internet! that was smart to take a bus instead of a taxi! i took a taxi from San Jose, all the way to Punta Leona resort. i can't remember the fare, but it was an hour drive for sure...
Posted on: May 15, 2011