A night in Bogota

Bogota Travel Blog

What every food court should have readily available!

I must admit, I was a bit intimidated going into Bogota.  I mean it's huge, nearly 8 million people!  I arrived around 2:00pm, and after standing in the immigration line for about 45 minutes, I lucked out with an easy going DAS agent.  All he asked was "business or tourism" and then stamped my passport and sent me on my way.

I caught a taxi outside and headed to Dann Carlton Norte, located in Bogota's north end.  I decided to shell out the extra money for a nice hotel due to the fact that I was only staying here one night, and because I found a great deal on Expedia for this place: $115 for a room that normally costs upwards of $230.  And it was quite nice.  Very comfortable and quiet, free WiFi, well stocked mini-bar, and right around the corner from several upscale bars.

After walking up Cr 15 about four blocks to the Unicentro mall to grab some good old Colombia food court dinner (seriously, they have the best mall food courts) of Churrasco with salted baked potato and salad, I returned to the hotel area to check out these bars.  I was immediately drawn into one called Beer Station, which featured loud rock music from the US, England and Colombia, and four house beers: a dark stout, a lager, an amber ale and a light pilsen.  It was a welcome respite to the normal Colombian bars you find elsewhere, which generally only feature the lighter national brands like Poker, Costena, Aguila Light and the more expensive, but very awful, Club.  I decided I would sample them all, and they all ended up being very tasty.  While there, a Brazilian next to me who was living in Bogota struck up a conversation with me, in Spanglish; first, he was going on about American rock bands; then we started discussing our bad luck with women, which then led him to drunkenly call his ex girlfriend.  I tried to convice him to let it go, because after all...he was in Colombia, where there are beautiful women practically falling from the sky.  However, by the time I was ready to turn in for the night, he was crying.  But it wasn't all bad; he was being consoled by the beautiful bartender and waitress.

So after a fun night with the best beers I would end up having in Colombia, and some entertaining company, I called it a night; I had a bus to catch early in the morning!

What every food court should have …
What every food court should have…
Bogota Hotels & Accommodations review
Pricy but nice
It's pricy, and doesn't look like much from the outside, but it's definitely nice on the inside. Conveniently located in Bogota's north end in a rela… read entire review
Bogota