Were supposed to meet up in New Orleans, but had to wait until Gold Coast :)

Gold Coast Travel Blog

hey!

After about 3 years of being friends here and 1 failed attempt of meeting up when I was in the USA, finally I'd meet Matty in person, yay! I was aware he was living in Singapore, so the chances of meeting up for real weren't that low, but I didn't expect it to happen so soon. I got a message from him saying he was coming to Oz and would go through Brissy, which is close to where I live. In his way back home, Matty had a looooong layover and decided to drive to the Gold Coast and spend half of the day with this Peruvian girl, thanks!

He came to pick me up - yes, my guest picked me up! - around 1pm. I got a txt saying he was already at the parking lot and I got so excited. I could hardly believe we'd finally meet up, how great! Yep! He looked exactly the same as the pictures.

Matty & Yadi
It was so easy to recognize him. After the traditional hugs, we were ready to live. Well, I was the local and was supposed to guide him. I became the GPS, hahaha, so good I sort of knew my way around. But it was easy to get distracted since we immediately started to chat as old friends, how nice!

Our first stop was a restaurant @ Surfers. We both were starving and wanted to eat something. The day was very nice, but it got windy, so after getting frozen at the restaurant we went straight to the beach, were we found a cool spot and sat down. There we kept on chatting and talking about our lives. Matty was considering moving to Oz and visited different cities. He's a big city guy and Gold Coast wouldn't suit him.  I like Gold Coast, but after hearing about Melbourne.

Yadi & Matty
.. I want to go there ASAP.

It started to cool down and we drove back to my place, so I could change the shorts for longer pants and grab a jumper. Then we drove to a nice park and chilled out there. It was so fun that Matty found this place. Weren't I supposed to be the local guide? hahaha. It was so fun to talk about our lives and how we missed each other when we were living "closer" but ended up meeting up at the other side of the world. Well, I guess this is how life works.

Around 7pm and after a quick stop for a glass of wine, we came back to my place. We cooked something for dinner and were hanging out at home for a while. Yes, Matty, you are the first TB I cooked for! My flatmate saw him and I introduced him. I didn't mention the whole TB story. It was strange enough for my flatmate knowing his Peruvian friend was hanging out with a British guy who she almost met in the USA and lives in Singapore, hahaha. Yay! We are international!

It was fun meeting up with Matty and look forward to see him again either in Singapore, back in Oz or anywhere in the world!!!!

Africancrab says: