Reunited after almost 3 years, how great!

Gold Coast Travel Blog

Yadi & Asanthika

First (and only) time I met up with Asanthika was almost 3 years ago in Lima, can hardly believe it was such a long time ago... time flies! Back those days she was travelling around South America with a friend and actually he was the one who contacted me. Thank you so much for introducing me to such a fun girl, Nicolas! Since then the 3 of us have been in touch, although we were living in different continents, hahaha. The idea of meeting up with Asanthika was a lovely one, but seemed to be almost impossible to do it. We'd have to do our best to succeed. Therefore when I let her know that I'd move to Oz for a year, we knew that this was the perfect opportunity for meeting up again.

Finally our schedules work and we were able to meet up in my new home town: Gold Coast.

lovely looking Tiramisu
It was so fun that I was the local again, hahaha. She would spend a few hours in town in her way to another city. Once she knew when she was coming, she contacted me and we started to plan our reunion, yay!

She was flying in town around 6 and we agreed to meet up at 6:30pm in Surfers. So bad buses aren't reliable here in QLD. It took me almost 30min more to arrive to Surfers since the bus was late... but I did it and we could meet up. It was so good to see her. It seemed to be we just met for first time a couple of months ago. First of all: a big hug!!!

After taking a break along the beach we went to a lounge to have a drink and most important to chat and catch up. Asanthika was with a friend who was impressed by the way how we met and specially by the fact we were in touch for such a long time.

Central Orgasm
That's a true friendship :) We were remembering how me met the first time and that we went out partying on a Sunday night in Lima, hahaha.

This time we wouldn't be able to go partying since it was a weekday and they had to drive to other town. Also I had classes next morning but that didn't stop us to get together and have a great time. We had lovely cocktails and grabbed a bite but we were craving for something sweet. So bad the dessert we chose - although it looked amazing - wasn't very good... but this small bad experience is nothing compared to the fact we were able to hang out again.

Now we are planning our next reunion. Definitely, it will be earlier than in 3 years, lol. Seriously I will always look forward to meet this lovely girl. Yay! Girl power!

Caipiroshka
Caipiroshka
Gold Coast Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Good spot for a cocktail - Central Lounge Bar & Restaurant
Although I've been living in Gold Coast for almost 5 months, I still don't know all the places, just learning :P When Asanthika was visiting town w… read entire review
Gold Coast