Moroccan dinner and great company in Melbourne. Finally met up with Travis!!!

Melbourne Travel Blog

walking along empty streets

We arranged to meet up at 8pm in the city, but by the time I arrived to Acland street it was already past 8:30pm... sorry Trav!!! I got a bit lost and the cold weather... but there was no way I'd miss that important appointment. The fact of getting lost and having you monitoring me on the phone added something extra to the meet up, haha.

Yay! it was so great to meet up in person. Finally! After the traditional hug he gave me something I was waiting for: my boarding pass! I needed to print it but didn't have a printer, so Travis took care of that for me, how kind! Otherwise I'd have had to check in at the airport, which meant extra time and extra costs!!! We started to chat right away. It was a bit chilly, so better to find a place where we could have dinner and keep on talking, but where to go?

Well, Travis was the local but some places were crowded and others weren't working, maybe due to the bad weather.

Yadi & Travis
He was telling me that the street looked so empty for a Saturday night. Mmm, then I had an idea. In my way to our meeting point I saw a cute Moroccan place, maybe we could go there. I've never tried Moroccan food and the idea sounded so appealing. Travis agreed and we started to look for that place. So good my orientation wasn't bad and we found it easily.

The place was charming and perfect for us. I couldn't have asked for a better place for having dinner, good food, friendly staff and great atmosphere. But the best was the company :) We got a cute table, very nice setting! And the waitress came after 5 min to take our order, but we were so busy chatting that we didn't have time to decide for anything. The poor girl came back about 5 times, ooops!

Finally we had our order: 2 glasses of wine, falafel as appetizer and Sefi Tajine (for Travis) and Royales Cous Cous (for me).

complimentary sweet and delicious mint tea
We were talking and talking without stopping, hehe. We talked about his past travels, our common friend, his idea to visit South America and my life in Oz. He's been in so many places and experienced so many things, how lucky!

Well, it was getting late and the place was about closing. They gave us a complimentary dessert and tea. I felt sorry to make them stay open just because I couldn't contact my host to pick me up, but finally I did it. Travis drove me to the club where I'd meet up with my host and waited until he was sure I've met him, how nice of him! It was awesome meeting up with him, finally, and can't wait to go back to Melbourne, but this time when it's warmer. Hope we can meet up again in Gold Coast and also in Peru :)

yadilitta says:
it was my pleasure, Travis. See you soon!!! :)
Posted on: Oct 28, 2010
tjedwards says:
great blog yadi ;) a nice meet up...and great dinner with a very charming peruvian senorita ;)
Posted on: Oct 28, 2010
gejah says:
i wished i was there tooooooo! Cous Cous!! :)
Posted on: Oct 27, 2010
Yadi & Travis
complimentary sweet and delicious …
complimentary sweet and delicious…
Falafel!
Falafel!
Royale Cous Cous
Royale Cous Cous
Melbourne Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Tasty Moroccan food and charming atmosphere @ Shibah
I found this place just by chance and I'm so happy I did it. This was my 1st time trying Moroccan food and was very excited about it. This small an… read entire review
Melbourne