Meeting Arun, but forgot taking pics :(

Gold Coast Travel Blog

Happy Australia Day, mate!

I know, I know, what happened to me that I didn't take any pics? Well, maybe because we were talking about meeting up again, but that isn't an excuse...

A couple of days ago, Arun contacted me letting me know he was coming to Gold Coast and guess what. I'm a local! That sounds so fun, hahaha. We agreed to meet in Surfers Paradise. It was Australia day and I didn't have any plans for a big celebration, so meeting up with a TB sounded perfect. Gold Coast might not have a CBD, but has a CPD (Central Party District). It turned to be that his hostel is just a couple of blocks away of my house, hahaha.

Although we haven't been in touch for a long time, it was very easy to start talking to Arun and it didn't take us long to start chattig as old friends. That was great. We went to a bar for a drink and were just chatting there for a while. Arun lives in Singapore, but is thinking about going to Southamerica. If he does so, we might be able to meet there eventually.

We were talking about doing some touristy stuff in the area. I have been living here for about 7 months, but didn't do much tourism, so it'd be nice to join him. We went to check some info, then I grabbed a bite - a falafel, hehe - and we ended up going to an Irish Pub. Streets were full with people wearing the Aussie flag, lol.

I'd have liked to stay until later, but was getting tired. Had to wake up early next morning. Arun walked me home and we both were hoping we could meet the next day. Unfortunately it didn't happen and he had to leave the city. Oh well, I'm sure we'll cross paths again.

Gold Coast Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Always open: Jack's Doner Kebabs
There are several places where you can find kebabs in Gold Coast and Surfers is not the exception, but I consider this place the best. Why? Well, t… read entire review
Gold Coast