Last dinner before moving to Gold Coast!

Brisbane Travel Blog

fish!!!

This would be my last day before moving to Gold Coast and starting uni. I arrived a couple of weeks ago to Oz and have been having a blast, but it was time to start the serious life or the semi - serious, since student life is not 100% serious unless you are thinking about exams and assignments. Nevermind, Craig told me we'd have dinner with some friends, how cool! We'd go to the Valley, to Chinatown, yay!

We arrived there about 8pm and a few minutes later the other guys arrived. The plan was going to a Korean place, but ended up going to a Chinese restaurant, which was very good. We checked a couple of places before and I  they weren't too busy, but this place was packed. Luckily we got a table without having to wait for long, great!

I had a great time hanging out with these guys.

great people, great times
They were super friendly and wanted to talk to the Peruvian girl and know her impressions about Oz so far. I felt like a celebrity! The food was very tasty, although I have to be honest and say that the chops weren't my best friends... I had to use a fork... sorry...

We shared an appetizer - actually I didn't eat it since I'm allergic to calamari - and then ordered some dishes to share. Yes, this is the way how I like eating in a restaurant. Going with friends, ordering a few dishes and share them among we all. I was reading the menu trying to decide for a dish when I saw the tasty green bean salad we had had a few days ago. Now I knew what to order! I think I've been dreaming about this salad, hahaha.

The food was delicious and the company was great too. So far I've been taken care by a friend, but tomorrow the adventure will start. I'd be by my own in a new city. That sounds challenging and I love the challenges! A delicious dinner in great company was the best way to say "Good bye" to Brissy. Well, I'll be living close, so I might be back sooner than later. Brissy will always be my 1st aussie home :)

Chinatown at night
Chinatown at night
spicy beef, yummy!
spicy beef, yummy!
Brisbane Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Authentic Peking & Cantonese Food at Valley Corner
Chinatown is located in the Valley area, so there are several restaurants where you can try Chinese among other Asian cuisines. But this one is one of… read entire review
Brisbane