Enjoying delicious Thai food in very nice company :)

Wellington Point Travel Blog

sharing dinner

This would be my last Thursday in Thorneside/Brisbane before moving to the Gold Coast and starting uni. John had to travel on Friday, so we arranged to meet on Thurday evening, for a delicious dinner.

He drove to Thorneside to pick me up, but we haven't decided for a destination yet. We just knew we couldn't go too far away since he had to travel next morning and I had to start packing for moving on Saturday. So, we ended up going to Wellington Point, which is located near Thorneside. We weren't sure yet about what to eat, so we went first for a drink and after checking the restaurants in the area, we decided for a Thai one.

Fish cake - yummy

The place was small, but cozy. It was perfect, specially for a chilly night. I enjoyed the food, but that wasn't the only thing I enjoyed, the company was great too. We have met once before, but we didn't have much time to talk, but we did have time now. It was great to know John better. He recently joined TB, but he's trying to enjoy this site as much as possible. He has already met some TB's and I think he got the travel bug, hehe. Right now he's traveling mostly because of business but is looking forward to travel just for pleasure.

Although we come from different cultures, we had one language in common: food! I'm not an expert in Thai food, so John was the guide and let me tell you he was a great one. The dishes he picked up were delicious and I'm looking forward to try to cook them. Here I can get the right ingredients, yay! I think we were the last ones to leave the restaurant, haha.

In our way back I got a call from Craig, my parents called! He tried to talk to them and hopefully they could communicate to each other. He just told my mom I'd arrive back home in an hour and asked her to call me back. Fortunately they suceeded and I was able to talk to my parents before going to bed.

It was nice hanging out with John and I'm sure this won't be the last time we'd meet up. I'd be in Oz at least for 1 year :P

delicious Mix Entree!
delicious Mix Entree!
Wellington Point Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Tasty Thai Food in a cozy environment
If you are in Wellington Point and like Thai food, this is a place you can't miss. Located in the roundabout, this place it's easy to find despite … read entire review
Wellington Point