The 4th time was in a different continent, yay!

Gold Coast Travel Blog

it's always great to meet up!

I have known Robert for about 3 years. First time we met in Ft Lauderdale, while I was having a long layover and he was my host. Then we met in Lima, while he was traveling around Peru and before coming to Oz, we met in L.A. He told me, he was thinking about visiting Oz and would do it before I left Oz. How awesome!

My time here was getting to an end, when I got some news from Robert. He was coming to Gold Coast, how cool! I went to the States to visit my brother and when Robert saw my pictures, he thought he was already late and I'd already left Oz... but no! I was still here. When he told me he'd be in town for a couple of days, I promised myself we would meet up. There was a small problem... he was coming during my final exams week, oh no! Fortunately, he would be in town when I had some time off, sweet!

The most popular place to hang out in Gold Coast is Surfers Paradise and I'm living there, how convenient! So we agreed to meet up there. It was so great to see him. Was just wondering where in the world we'd meet up next time, hehe. None of us had anything to eat, so we went to grab a bite. A delicious pizza was perfect. But what was even better was hanging out with Robert. Although we have been friends for quite a long time, we had met in person just a few times... nevertheless we developed a cool friendship.

During the dinner, I was teaching Robert some aussie slang, haha. I've been living here for almost 1 year and consider myself, not an expert, but at least much better than when I first arrive, yay! Actually Robert was suggesting me, I should write a blog just about tips for people coming down under, lol.

Well, there was something else in Robert's list: to have a local beer and get a coaster saying "Gold Coast". He collects coaster wherever he goes, nice! Mmm, where to go. There are several clubs here, but there are usually loud and we were looking for a place where we could grab a drink, but at same time keep on talking and also watch people, hehe. So we ended up going to an Irish pub :P

I had a great time hanging out with Robert and hope he enjoys the rest of his time in Oz. I'm sure we would meet up again in the future, the question is where? It's a must for us to meet up and share travel stories and tips!

Always a pleasure to see you, Robert!

its always great to meet up!
it's always great to meet up!
Gold Coast