Koh Samet/d

Koh Samed Travel Blog

The Beach

We got a minibus and boat to Koh Samet, staying in a small chalet on the beach. It was a nice enough beach, but unfortunately also an amazing fly haven. Every time we got food we would end up eating it twice as fast whilst furiously swatting the flies away.

On the night there was a huge thunderstorm - unfortunately it didn’t do anything to stop the flies.

The island didn’t have too much to do on it and Miami had a tight schedule so we headed back to Pattaya. Back in the city we had another night out that, without going into too many details, ended in a pathetic soap opera style drama. It became quite clear that me and Miami were very different and it seemed better that we part ways. We returned to Bangkok and Miami headed off to Cambodia.

The last few days had been pretty hard work so I decided to do absolutely nothing for a bit and try to work out what the hell I was going to do in Asia. The doing nothing was made easier when I wandered out for a beer wearing a red T-shirt and found myself in the middle of - yep - a red-shirts demonstration. A good time to jog on...

One ticket for the Hebrew bus to Chiang Mai please squire.

Poh-leece