Last Day in Paris

Paris Travel Blog

Everyone tired this morning.  Woke up at 0900 and packed up and checked out by 1100.

Left our bags in storage and started towards the Hotel Invalides. Found a nice Brasserie to eat around #10 on the Rue Sainte Floretin.   The Bar Le Florentin Brasserie is on the left as you walk towards the Seine.  I cannot find a link to in on the internet, Tripadvisor, Google maps, etc.  It's just a local Brasserie with local workers as clientele.  Basic and tasty lunches, I had a croque au saumon and the boys grand chocolat. Michiyo had soupe a'l oigon (sounds better in French) and I also had to try the escargot as it had been years since I tasted that dish.  The Madame was surprised that I liked the snails.

We thought we could sail into the military museum at Les Invalides with our museum passes but the attendants at the door said the boys needed tickets.
Napoleon's tomb.
  "Are not the children free?"  "Yes but they need tickets"  "???".    I picked up the boy's tickets at the South Entrance.   I guess in this way they keep a count on the number of visitors.    This turned out to be the practice at many museums on our tour.  The boys would get in free but needed tickets.    Later on in Italy there were many sites such as the Uffizi in which children were free only if they were from a member of the EU countries.  I wonder if it was the same in Paris but they didn't enforce it?

The boys enjoyed the museum, Michiyo less so.  She took the opportunity to catch up on sitting down time!   Later we visited Napoleon's tomb.

After wards we bought wine and cheese and bread for the train ride and stopped by the hotel to ask them to book a cab for us at 1900.
Not cold or burnt but tasty and good. Le Madeleine 7
We went for another great dinner at Le Madeleine 7 near our hotel.  The review on the Tripadvisor link gives Le Madeleine 0 stars and ends with the management calling the police on the reviewer for not paying for a cold sausage.  Poor dude only wanted a bangers and mash and almost ended up at the police station.   Now I'm against paying for cold sausage as much as any man but think the matter became personal quickly for both sides. Maybe a "could you give me a sausage that is not both simultaneously burnt and cold si vous plait?" would have worked or maybe not.  Fortunately our experience was a lot better.  The food was good, the fries crispy and the beer cold.

Right after dinner we go to the hotel and the cab arrives right on time at 1900.
Michiyo agrees. Le Madeleine 7
   Off to Gare de Bercy and our 2033 night train to Venice.  I booked a first class double family berth.   Instead of three beds stacked on top of each other like in a ship's enlisted berthing they removed the middle bed out of two compartments situated next to each other with an adjoining doorway.  It was a pricey ticket but I doubt we'll be taking the train from Paris to Venice anytime in the near future.........

Napoleons tomb.
Napoleon's tomb.
Not cold or burnt but tasty and go…
Not cold or burnt but tasty and g…
Michiyo agrees.  Le Madeleine 7