Subic for a short weekender.

Olongapo Travel Blog

I have always been a beach bum and since its summer, and I dont really have time to go traveling for a long time, me and my closest buddies thought of the nearest place we could chill and be on the beach. I have been familiar with Olongapo city and Subic area for I have spent an ample amount of time roaming around these areas because of my previous job. I have decided to a cut short trip for the three of us.

I have remembered dining at some resort/resto located in Barrio Baretto when I was assigned there a few years back. Unsure of the quality of accommodation they provide, I seek the help of the internet and made some more researches on where to stay. For the rest of the summer, me and my friends actually visited this place twice.

We stayed at Johann's Dive resort located at Baloy Beach in Barrio Baretto. I was not that satisfied with the rooms that they have in the resort. It was small than what I was expecting and rooms were not sound proof. However they do provide good service although I can say that some of the staff are not that courteous. The hotel is owned by a Belgian national named Johan De Sadeleir who has been living in the Philippines for almost 20 years. He is a certified diving instructor and his resort provides diving trips for the guest. The resort is located just at the beach front and thats one good thing about the place. wi-fi is also readily available though the signal cant penetrate into their rooms.

I generally had a nice weekend in Olongapo. We plan regular visits there. Its definitely a good place for a short weekender.
Olongapo Hotels & Accommodations review