Scandinavia is trying to bleed me dry!

New York Travel Blog

Oh my goodness, I'm feeling a little bit of regret with this trip now, after taking care of the other considerations I'm absolutely shocked by how much stuff costs in Copenhagen and ALL of Norway. I almost feel tricked. The cost of a night's hotel in norway is almost as much as our RT ticket to Copenhagen from NY.

Luckily we were able to get a hotel at a nice looking place in Copenhagen for about $150 a night. This is probably $50-75 cheaper than the price for a mid-level hotel. But because we're doing the Norway in a Nushell itinerary (on our own) with overnights in Oslo, Flam, and Bergen, we searched for places to stay and they're all like $300 a night!! I'm FLOORED! I am going to bring lots of cup-o-noodles for our trip, holy cow!

But I'm sure it'll be beautiful and I'm dying to take some new pictures and see some beautiful things. NY is an awesome place and keeps my heart and spirit alive, but once in a while we need a good dose of nature. I think it's going to be a great trip.

jenn79 says:
hahaa =) I'll let you know how the food is, but I heard it's extremely expensive and I am dead broke after this trip!
Posted on: Aug 20, 2010
sleepingsunshine says:
I think I should learn from you! cup noodles for 2 weeks as well :p Then I will stay away from noodles probbaly for the next 2 years! =)
Posted on: Aug 20, 2010
jenn79 says:
Haha poor Jacelyn! =) I'm packing cup-o-noodles!
Posted on: Aug 19, 2010