Arriving Mex City

Mexico City Travel Blog

Two years ago when I visited Mexico City, I was hitting myself on the head thinking "I waited a decade to discover my culturally rich neighbour??". Well, flashforward to 2010 and I knew I won't be making that mistake again! I never had to think what to do for the "long wknd". The answer was written on the wall - my neighbour who's just 2 hours away.

Fortunately for me, it all fell together. I got a good deal on AA.com (good deal, not a great one), and off I went.

The flight was ok, but what I love about landing in Mexico City compared to other places is to watch and observe and marvel at just how BIG the city is. It looks like a valley surrounded by hills, except that in this case, you have houses and habitation everywhere. It's such a big city, I've never seen such a big spread in my life before!

Anyway immigration was a breeze (no marks to AA for giving us the Spanish version of customs and immigration forms), but it was so bloody late at night that by the time I reached my Hotel Catedral, it was nearly 2am in the morning. Checked into my room and ... well, went to bed.

patirkc_AAA says:
Hope you enjoyed your time in Mexico City :)
Posted on: Nov 19, 2015
cimtech says:
Congrats on your featured blog !
Posted on: Jul 18, 2015
halilee says:
Congrats on your featured blog Vikram!! :D
Posted on: Jul 18, 2015
Mexico City Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Italian rsnt serving spicy food in Mexico City
I really would recommend this rsnt if, for nothing else, the very casual touristy vibe of the place. It's also got a very "international" feel to it … read entire review