EuropeItalyPisa

Pisa and home

Pisa Travel Blog

You know what!
On all our break Pisa was the one place we did not expect to like. We had been before when our children were young and they were fascinated by climbing the leaning tower with Daddy and waving to Mummy below. However for ourselves we remembered it as a terribly commercial place. To my mind there is something really interesting aout a tower that has been built vertical, has developed a slant over years yet still be climbable. When it leans too far to be safe however, there are surely only two sensible choices, straighten it or take it down. Unfortunately the decision was to renew the previous slant.

What else to do though when you are flying from Pisa and the flight is not until the afternoon - and maybe it would prove better than we remembered. (Why fly from Pisa at all if you dislike the place? do I hear you ask? Because it only cost £2 plus taxes to Manchester!) We got out at the station and decided to celebrate our final morning with an ice cream. We got the ice but we paid for the cow that gave the milk that - -. Then we took a bus - why do people like the place? It was a horrible ride. At last we came to Il Campo dei Miracoli and, if anything, the commercialism was even worse than we remembered!

If you are one of the Pisa lovers, I'm sure I shall not change your mind - nor do I want to - but don't think you will ever convert me!

So to the airport and our £2 flight to Manchester - a train - a tram - another train - a bus - home.
Cahedral