Pigeon Point, Tobago

Pigeon Point Travel Blog

Our glass-bottomed boat, Power 3
I popped across for the weekend in Tobago - Trinidad's pretty little sister. My parents had come over for a weeks holiday so I went across to join them.

The journey from Trinidad to Tobago can be done in two ways: there's a boat from Port of Spain to Scarborough - the Tobago capital; or the much quicker Tobago Express flight. I took the plane, as it's only about half an hour in the air. If you're doing this, it's definitely worth your while to book tickets at a travel agents rather than waiting in the line at the airport ticket desk.

Having spent the night at the lovely Kariwak Village Hotel, we decided to have a relaxing day on the beach, and the hotel runs a complementary shuttle to Pigeon Point, a beach nearby. As you can see from the pictures, it looks everything like a tropical beach should!

We took a glass-bottomed boat trip, captained by the great Mr Power, over the reef. Sadly, it's damaged from impacts and thefts of coral so it's not as impressive as it could have been, but there is still some left. The boat took us to the Nylon Pool, a shallow area in the water where you can splash about!

Moving on, we went to the edge of the reef and donned snorkles, and proceeded to spend about half an hour swimming around. This was my first time proper snorkling and I was really surprised by the number, colour and size of the fish out by the reef. I couldn't find Nemo though!
Our glass-bottomed boat, Power 3
The view back to the beach from th…
The view back to the beach from t…
Tropical paradise!