We're Stopping?

Denver Travel Blog

moving sidewalk
At our last team meeting Josh handed out information on our flights.  I noticed that we had a layover in Phoenix before our final destination of San Diego.  However, as the flight attendant went through her spiel on safety and so-forth, she announced that we would be stopping in Denver to drop off some passengers and pick up others before heading onto Phoenix.  While Josh was unsurprised by this information, the rest of us were all exchanging glances to make sure we heard her right.  Although I wasn't sure if I was even going to be getting off the plane, I was excited about at least touching down in a new state.
As the flight progressed, I kept myself amused with sketching out a few ideas for my next novel, working on some Sodukus, and reading a little from the book that my mom had lent me.
the Rockies

After landing in Denver, we waited for the flight attendant to do a head count.  A number of the boys opted to stay on the plane and watch the World Cup on someone's plane.  I however was determined to at least see a little bit of this new state so with several others, I headed into the terminal.  May I just say the corridor from the plane to the terminal was the longest I can remember ever going through??  Knowing that we only had about 15 minutes, we kind of wondered if we would make it to the waiting area before time was up!  Free of the corridor, we glanced out the large windows at the Rockies in the distance.  Ashley especially was excited by the sight; she hadn't thought she would get to see them again so soon after her last visit to Colorado.  Besides stretching our legs, we took advantage of the restrooms and some people picked up snacks or drinks.  Ashley and I savored a few more views of the mountains before walking back to the plane for the next stage of the journey: the flight to Phoenix.
gift shop