On the Road Again

San Diego Travel Blog

the firetruck at the hotel
We slept in this morning since we didn't need to leave for the airport until 10:30, and we were still tired from the days of work in Mexico.  The breakfast room was uncrowded when we did go down in the last hour of the meal (9-10).  I enjoyed the leisurely pace as well as the food (especially the sausages that Ashley and I split).  After breakfast we went up to the room to finish packing our bags.  That's when the fire alarm went off.  I picked up my purse and headed out the door.  At this point all I could do was laugh as we walked down the outside staircase.  We stood in front of the hotel for a few minutes, rain debating if it wanted to fall or not.  When we saw people still moving around the lobby, we went back inside and took the elevators back up to our room to finish packing.
Dutch Blitz set up
  I heard sirens after a moment and stepped out on the balcony to watch as a fire truck pulled up.  The rumor we heard later for the alarm going off was that a maintenance man had been doing some sautering.
At the airport we got our tickets and walked through security.  Jenn got stopped for her bottle of Dr. Pepper and had to throw it out.  I got stopped for my little bottle of hand sanitizer but got to keep it; it was small enough.  As we sat at our gate, I quickly noticed how tiny our waiting area was, only a few gates set off from the rest of the airport.  I checked out the gift shop, looked at the news crew making a broadcast outside the window, bought some food for the long day on an airplane, and played Dutch Blitz.
Before long we were boarding for our first leg of the journey home.  From here we would fly to Las Vegas, sit on the plane as some passengers switched out, and then take off again for Baltimore.
San Diego