A Real Layover

Phoenix Travel Blog

artwork
In Phoenix our first order of business was to locate our new gate.  We swarmed over to the informational screens and then started hiking over to the C wing.  I paused to snap a shot of an artwork that filled the wall above our heads and then continued the trek.
Having been confined to a small space for so long, I at first eyed the moving sidewalks with regret.  However, as the minutes passed in our hike--or at least it felt that way as my backpack seemed to increase in weight--I felt a bit more gratitude to the people conveyors.  Once resettled at a gate, food became the next priority.  Not wanting to wander far, my choices were limited but I was fine with a cheeseburger from Burger King (although I never cease to be amazed by the jacked-up prices inside airports).
The layover went smoothly.  I took a short walk along the C wing and watched the others play cards.  There was a slight delay with the plane, but since we had to wait until 5:00 in San Diego for our ground transportation anyway, we weren't worried.  Soon enough we were boarding for the last airborne leg.
Spanish info
Spanish info
see the writing in the window?
see the writing in the window?
a Southwestern design