Parting

Baltimore Travel Blog

This would be the longest of our flights the whole trip.  I read some more of my plane book (would eventually finish it the next day back at home) and wrote a little bit.  I wanted to capture some of the feelings from the trip since I had done a horrible (aka practically non-existent) job of journaling my time in Mexico.  I think I will be talking to Ashley at some point for more details; she did a great job writing about our trip as we flew over the Great Plains, 10 pages worth.
It was very dark by the time we started our descent into Baltimore, no surprise since it was almost midnight there.  However, I was surprised by the high number of people still at the airport at that hour once we got off the plane.  Some of our younger team members reunited with parents, definitely happy to see their kids safely returned.  I retrieved my two checked bags, said some quick good-byes, and then walked out into the humidity (something I hadn't felt for the last week!).  My former roommate was picking me up, but I couldn't see her car.  In fact I wasn't even sure which vehicle she was in.  Then she texted me: "I'm just behind crazy lady."  I knew immediately where Kat was; a short distance to my left, a woman was straddling the top of an SUV that was actually parked in two lanes of traffic as she tried to tie some luggage down.  I made my way over to Kat's car and climbed in.
Baltimore