Group Dinner

San Diego Travel Blog

trying the salsa
Back at the hotel, Emily and I got our suitcases out of the locked room and rolled them to Room 131. Instead of showering, we decided to keep the relaxation theme going with a trip to the pool. Kyle and Connor were there in the hot tub and we joined them for some conversation. About a quarter to six we went back to the room to get changed for dinner. I headed to the lobby at quarter after six and ran into Courtney there. She and Andy had just gotten back from their afternoon with their friend so we quickly took their luggage to the room. The walk to dinner was easy, and I remembered the route from two years ago to Cafe Coyote. We only had to wait a minute before they had our reserved tables ready. We had two tables in the back. I sat next to Shelley and we decided to get non-alcoholic Loco Coyote drinks to go with our meals.
interesting literature
Lori was across from me and she got a very authentic ginger ale. The big mealtime entertainment came from watching Andrew and Randall as they sampled four different sauces including the Dragon sauce that at first didn't seem so bad but had quite a kick. After dinner some of the group went to tour the haunted Whaley House. I had fun with Emily, Lori, and Andrew browsing the gift shop and skimming "How to be a Villain." Lori liked the book so much that she bought it for the plane ride home. The four of us then wandered down to Old Town for a little bit. I really liked the pottery shop we browsed. At 9:00 (or 9:30, not sure anymore) we met back at the hotel to discuss the trip before heading to bed.
evening silhouette