Crossing the Border

Tijuana Travel Blog

under the awning
As we neared the border, we started to gather our belongings.  Although we had been able to all stay on the bus and just drive through when we entered Mexico, to re-enter the US we would have to take everything off the bus and walk through the gate.  Luckily, there was an awning for us to stand underneath as we waited in the slowly but surely moving line.  We had each other to chat with too, so the wait wasn't bad.  I did notice a few people just walk up past us to the front of the line and wondered where they were going.  Later when we were closer to that fence, I overheard two of such girls asking if they could slip into line there; they wanted to make sure they made it through Customs in time to catch the World Cup game.
the statues
  At this fence we went through a revolving door which was a little tricky with all our bags.  Inside this fence the newbies in the group finally got to see the statue previous Club Dusters had been warning us about.  It was two dancers, larger than life size.  They did not look too happy and we decided it was because their partners were less than beautiful.  Soon I was up at the main building and into brief air conditioning.  The customs officer asked for the point of my trip to Mexico.  When I said building houses, he said that he had seen several others like me already.  I smiled and replied that there was another whole bus behind me.  We had to walk about a block to get back to the bus and reload.  From here we drove to the airport.
the boundary line