Back at the Ranch

Tecate Travel Blog

Once the buses pulled into the ranch, we hurried to get our luggage and then up to the bunkhouse.  Our group actually would be split up among several spaces but the women's dorm on the second level of the bunkhouse would be home to Emily, Courtney, Amanda, Shelley, and me for the next several days.  We would be joined by Sophia and her mom (can't remember her name :( as well as Lynda who like me spoke Spanish.  Randall and Kaleb were downstairs in the family dorm while everyone else ended up in the warehouse rooms.

We spent some time getting our beds set up and moving donations to the porch by the kitchen.  Dinner was never announced; we just wandered down and realized they were serving.  The food was good especially the burrito-style main item.  Ice cream for dessert finished off the meal.

After everyone had eaten we re-convened in the warehouse for our first group meeting and introductions of team leaders.  Carol announced that VBS was still looking for more volunteers and Katie from Indianapolis would join us that evening.

While some of the younger crowd stayed up, I headed to bed after the meeting.  My alarm clock that I had bought specifically for the trip was not working but Emily promised to wake me up and I set my phone alarm.  Then I settled down on top of my sleeping bag, the night air still pretty warm.

Tecate